Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Welcome Wagon

It's amazing how hospitable people can be.
I'm now just outside of Cleveland proper. Dale's parents are letting me stay with them until Mani and I head for Chicago or Milwaukee. (I'll be figuring it out tonight)
These are some of the sweetest people you'll ever meet. They've been married over fifty years. When I arrived they came out to greet me and welcome me in. It's like I'm family and they'd never set eyes on me before today. I love it.
It's people like this that I come out to meet. People that prove the world is not a sinister and forbidding place, but actually full of wonderful generous interesting people (ok, there are some crazies out there, I know I know. I have my eyes peeled, don't worry).
At any rate, I'll likely be meeting the whole family tomorrow, and seeing a bit of Cleveland. Mani invited me to the zoo, which is pretty tempting. I don't know which I'll be able to do. I still have to figure it out.
I'll try to upload pictures in a bit. But for now I'm going to go be sociable.

Post Script: Notes about the Photos

This is Dale and his father. Dale being the bald one on the right, His dad being the one on the left in the hat. They're standing on a rock jetty in Lake Erie on the picnic for Dale's mom's birthday.














This is Dale's mom and his niece Julia. She's adorable, and she's really into animals. I'll be sending her a shark's tooth necklace when I get back to SF.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! You totally kick-ass.