Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm a Kid in a Candy Shop: the chocolate traveler





While I'm back in my city, it's hard to stay home. Too much to do and see. Too many people to run around with.
Today Irwin and I met up and went to the Wharf... I love it there. It's almost always sunny.

So I know I'm twenty-two. But I'm still a kid in a candy shop. And I don't even really eat candy... almost ever. It's a lot of sugar for me. I just love being in them. They're such happy places. And Candy is so pretty in the little wrappers in the barrels. The place I'm more likely to spend money is the fruit stand. There is a fruit stand at the Wharf that is ridiculously over-priced, but every piece of fruit in it is absolutely perfect. It's dangerous because to me perfect fruit is irresistible.
The wharf also happens to be right next to North Beach (Little Italy) and if you walk through there you get to go by all these wonderful cafes before you hit the financial district, marked by the Transamerica pyramid. Maybe some of these pictures will show you where I get my city aesthetic for my water colors... Isn't SF Beautiful?




























As I mentioned before, today I got to see David. It was really happy too. He always makes me laugh. And we all went out to dinner at Q, which has really delicious food. His wife, Allison, was unfortunately busy ad couldn't make it. I'd like to eventually get to know her better. Anyone who makes David as happy as he is has to be an awesome person.

2 comments:

Faded said...

Do I really stand up at such weird angles like that? It's like I have bad standing posture. :P Anyway, it was a fun day, the colors at the warf are all vibrant and happy and watnot. When I go with you there, I don't really care about all the tourist action, high prices, or fakiness. It's just fun, and you always make me happy. Always.

Anonymous said...

TOMORROWWW!!!!!
YESSSS!!!! cakeeeee juuulia caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat