Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Birthday Massacre

So yesterday I finally dragged myself out of the house, despite an increasing feeling of just wanting to stay in. I'm glad I did. Marlon picked me up and we drove down to the DNA Lounge.
The Birthday Massacre didn't start playing till about eleven, but they were well worth the wait. They opened with Video Kid and her voice just washed over everything. The whole band was super dynamic and fun and their interactions and inability to keep a straight face made it obvious they were having a lot of fun. They had the whole audience psyched. Chibi was super adorable dancing around and striking pictures for the cameras and video phones she saw while not missing a beat. The entire crowd was in love with her.
Unfortunately I hadn't brought my camera with me. I was kicking myself the whole time. Next time I won't forget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that show was one of the funnest ive been to! the sound, lighting, and performance as a whole was alluring from beginning to end. im definitly seeing them again when i get the chance. the guys before them were so freaky, but pretty good as well. glad you made it out.