Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Long Awaited Reunion and the Best Blondies Ever

I got to spend the day with my wonderful friend Bea Kwan today! It was perfect.
We put on our flour badges so we were ready for anything, turned the volume up on my Abbey Road CD, and made the best Butterscotch Blondies EVER. She also finally got to meet my cat, who loved her immediately. Of course.
I'm sooooo happy that we finally got to hang out again. I hadn't seen her since 10th grade. We won't let that happen again.

Oh, and I'd like to say that even though the recipe was bossy and mandated a 9" square pan and division into 16 squares, we used an 8" round pan and cut it like a pie. HA. It was delicious. We also used the same bowl for the wet and dry ingredients. And it was still awesome. Two bowls for this recipe is just a waste of bowls.







"Where should I put this CD?"
"Oh, just put that on the garlic."
"....You just said that completely seriously!!"
"...Yeah... I guess I did..."
I guess you would have had to be there.

The Awesome Butterscotch Blondie Recipe:
  • 6 tablespoons butter
  • 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
  • 1 dash cocoa powder
note: Don't forget to pre-heat the oven! We did, and we had to wait for it! Lame. Pre-heat!!!
  1. Combine melted butter and brown sugar; stirring until dissolved. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
  2. "In another bowl" (or in the same one!!!) combine flour, baking powder, and salt. "Add to the butter mixture" (unless you already just did!). Spread the batter evenly in a well buttered "9 inch square pan" (unless you want to be a baking rebel. Then you can use an 8 inch round pan like us!). Sprinkle chips over top... Or smother the top. Your choice.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set... unless you are planning on eating it with vanilla ice cream, then you'll want to take it out with the center still slightly gooey. Because it's awesome like that. If you're planning on doing it our way, you won't want to wait for it to cool before cutting, like they say to. What do they know?














They say this makes 16 squares. Squares. HA. Our pie pieces were freaking sweet. Really sweet.
Anyway, try this recipe if you like butterscotch. You'll love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun!
We have to hang out more!!
My "trying to open butterscotch chips bag" face is really unflattering hahahaha.