Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Proposition to be Considered

My stay here seems to be lengthening again. I'll be here till the end of the week. Tomorrow is Noah's eleventh birthday, I wouldn't miss that. And then Aunt Mary has time off of work, so I'll spend some more time with her and Katie and Caroline. But I'm determined to get to New York by early next week.
During the week that I've been here the air has changed. The brightest reds have gone from the trees. The air is colder now. And the smokey smell of the wood burning stoves has become pleasantly pervasive.
I love this season. We don't get it on the west coast. It's too bad. It makes me want to be more productive. Like suddenly my throat has loosened and all the stories and images I've been trying to process come flowing out of me. I have to try to catch them now. I have to try to put them down on paper.
The graphic novel ideas I've had bubbling below my surface may come out soon. I hope they do.
I've mentioned before to several people that I'd like some help with it. Very specific help. So I would like to hear from several people about a possible collaborative project I'd love your help on.
Faded, of course, you already are helping, but I thought I'd include you on this list.
Bea, remember what I asked you when we made blondies? When you've got a lull in your work load and you're not trying to finish your incredibly awesome work for the possible opening in the show at the MOMA... still interested?

4 comments:

Faded said...

Where are you going to post instructions? Will you post your ideas here?

Anonymous said...

the graphic novel is a really good idea! Can't wait to read it, it's a great way for other people that werent able to come with you to get a sense of your experiences. Autumn is my favorite season. The tranformation to a colder temperature with gray skies, falling leaves, and the sense of things withering away, provides a mood of tranquility. I got your postcard, thank you man, the picture reminds me of Tom Sawyer too!

Anonymous said...

I'm still completely for it.. :)
Thank you for the postcard!
Cats are the best...!
I bet Franky misses you..

Anonymous said...

bea is meright. i do miss jules. i get jealous of her with the other cats, but it's ok, i can handle it. merrreeeallly
--frank sinatrina