Tuesday, October 30, 2007

More from Central Park

Sunbathing in the park. The kids behind them have a skateboard and a soccer ball you can't see.


A little girl stretching at Wollman Skating rink. Trump apparently has bought the place up or something. I dunno, but his name's all over the place.










This kid was learning to skate. It was really cute. And that woman (his mom?) caught him every time.



This couple was really sweet. They were just talking on the bench in the sun in the park on a Tuesday afternoon.


This old woman cracked me up. She was dressed all stuffy and had a dower expression on for most of the time, but I watched her and she smirked and she pointed to leaves and had people pick them up for her, then she carried them around like a bouquet. She put on a good show of being crabby but she was definitely a kindred spirit. (Ok, anyone getting what character this reminded me of? I know Mom or Aunt Mary or Aunt Sara or my girl cousins would know.)

I liked the way these people were hanging out on a sunny patch of lawn near the pond. It was a comfortable sort of lounging that made it feel like a weekend, even though it was only maybe twenty yards from a busy midtown business/shopping part of Manhattan.

These two cracked me up. I don't know if this woman was the kid's mother or grandmother or babysitter or neighbor or just some random woman... I have no clue. But there they were sitting together on a park bench reading a book together. Her with her cigarette and him with his snow cone. She was reading out loud to him from some shopaholic book or something or other (anyone recognize the pink book jacket?) and unbeknown to her he was raising his eyebrows in a "you've got to be kidding me" look over her shoulder, but he was listening just the same.

I just liked the look of this old man and his new paper.







These summer dresses in the winter display cases were drawing a lot of looks from the passers by. This is the first window I passes upon leaving Central Park.

No comments: