Friday, August 24, 2007

An Introduction to Ennis


Ok, so people've been asking me who I'm riding with right now, since I promised an introduction and none came so far. So here's one that he's free to expand upon in the future:

Ennis is from Northern California. He's a pilot and absolutely loves the Grand Canyon. He also has a little boy who asks a lot of questions and prefers to fly rather than drive because it's faster.

Ennis' long awaited self-introduction:
Sparrow and I have traveled nearly half-way across the United States, and it seems only fitting for me to introduce myself at this juncture. My name is Ennis and I had the good fortune to meet Sparrow by way of Craigslist rideshare. It seems that fate had somehow conspired to bring us together for our trip across America. And what a trip it has been thus far. Through farmlands in California, to the deserts of Mojave, and beyond. From the Grand Canyon to the Colorado Plateau. From the vast stretches of Eastern New Mexico to the threshold of the Great Plains.
I am writing to you this evening from Wichita, KS. At one time in my life, I had spent 8 years living in the Midwest, not far from here. We'll be passing through there tomorrow, that grand cow town some call Kansas City. I prefer to think of it as a part of my former self, a time in a much younger man's life when he was only beginning to explore all that he could be. I can't wait to see what memories are invoked in me as we roll past part of my history.
More travels await us in the coming days. Excitement builds as we get closer to NYC, and soon I'll be with my son. But for now I'm in rapture with the roads that still lie ahead of us. The journey continues......

No comments: