Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Battle Towards the Door

The day of flight is here and I've had to battle my way to it.
Nearly everyone thinks I'm crazy for getting into cars with strangers and going places I don't know.
But it has always been about adventure. About exploration. About reaching into the cracks and corners of the universe and learning their textures and smells. We only live on this planet once (I think, but you never know), and I want to know the world I live in. Really know it.
I don't want to fly over places but to them. I think more people want to, and less know how to do it. Or how to let go of their fears long enough to do it.
With this window into my life on the road, I want to dispell some of the fear that lays heavily in the minds of those who still know how to be currious. BE CURRIOUS! And I will show you what is out here. There's less need to be afraid than there is to be excited.

"...there was nowhere to go but everywhere, keep rolling under the stars..." -Kerouac, On The Road

No comments: