Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Bracelet Project: A Portrait of the City in Black and White

So I'm going to be working on a project That I would like to include people in if they're interested.

Firstly, I'm going to make a whole bunch of friendship bracelets in several different colors. They would wear different color bracelets depending on the interests they chose to affiliate with, and answer different questions based on what they are most passionate about.

Then I'm going to interview people across the city (In coffee houses, on campuses, downtown, the beach, etc). They don't need to disclose their real name. A nickname of their superhero name will suffice.

I will take a black and white photo of them wearing the bracelets. The photos don't need to include their face if they are uncomfortable with that, as long as it shows the bracelet on their wrist or ankle.

I'd like to then find a place that would let me hang them all together as a show that I can invite the people who were interviewed to. If they kept their bracelets they could easily find people with similar interests there, though since the images would all be black and white they could maintain a little anonymity if they elected not to have their face in the picture or their real name on the interview. They could maintain their secret identity.

No comments: