Monday, March 31, 2008

a visit to a ridiculously sumptuous estate

Irwin and I drove down to Hearst Castle recently. Talk about insanely lavish. I'll put pictures up when I have the time (energy). It was really fun. I love driving with him. And highway 1 is always incredible.
Actually, I've been more and more seriously entertaining my dream of becoming a hermit. Maybe not completely secluded. But I've been seriously wanting to just go live on a farm somewhere...
When I was little I always thought in the back of my mind that if I didn't become a teacher or a writer or an archaeologist, maybe I'd find myself a nice mountain to go live on. Kinda like my mom's uncle. Who's a hermit. On a mountain... And his son used to be a hermit on the other side of that mountain... Maybe I could go live there now that he's no longer being a hermit.
Or I can just keep trudging towards my doctorate... So I can study other people...
Anyways. More and pictures later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you remembered to look up.

M

Anonymous said...

I was just there in Jan, have my photos but haven't worked on them yet. I had a lot of fun there, the guide I had for both tours (Shawn) knew his info so well, you got the impression he almost knew him personally given his depth of knowledge and enthusiasim.

I'm actually in Canada right now, consulting work, I'll be back in my usual habitat next week. I tried texting you but figure you still have it disabled. Check your mail some time or better yet call me!

-Chuck Brown