Monday, May 4, 2009

Shaking Out The Wings

Aviator glasses, check.
Sense of Adventure, Check.
Finally, a companion? CHECK!

Ok, so I'm not off the continent yet, but I do have several trips lined up for this year. It's taken me forever and a half since I've promised to save up and travel "the legit way". But finally, I'm ready to shake the dust off my wings and zoom around like a kid pretending to be an airplane. Yes, I'm that excited.

First trip on the menu takes me out to Colorado, where I get to visit the lovely Miss Goldfish, and possibly see my Cousin Kimmy who's graduating high school while I'm out there. Oh yeah, and may even run into Oleg, who I haven't seen since my last trip through Tennessee.
Some good old Colorado will help me shake this work rut I've been in. I need to go hiking. Lys, you're going with me.

The second trip I'm hopping all the way to New York! And I'm doing that with Eye in tow! Finally! After more than five years, he's consented to come on an adventure with me! Next I'll try to persuade him to hop a train with me to Arizona or New Mexico to go explore those caves. We'll have to be careful though. That's Native American land.
Anyways, on this trip to the East Coast we'll be staying on the couch of the lovely Miss Bea Quan, and making her chocolate ravioli. Hopefully we'll also make it to the Met and bum around Central Park. Or find some new cafe or bookstore or something. I dunno! We'll figure it out!
We're also going North to visit the coven of Eccentric Mauchlys up in that place called Plymouth NH. I haven't seen them in WAY too long. There may be lake swimming and canoeing involved. I'm not sure yet. But it will be excellent.
I'm also hoping to visit Boston or something. But I have yet to figure out transportation. Knowing me I'll come up with something brilliant.

Alright, enough of my happy planning for now. Work calls.

No comments: